These Easter cookie bars are the perfect spring treat and so easy to make!
|1 cup||Butter or margarine, softened|
|3/4 cup||Brown sugar, packed|
|2 1/4 cups||Flour, unsifted|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
+ a few to sprinkle on top
STEP BY STEP:
- Heat your oven to 375 F.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color. *Pro tip- brown the butter to really take it to the next level.*
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add 1/2 a cup of M&Ms. Mix some M&Ms in the mix and save a few to put on top for color!
- Use a brownie sheet lined with parchment paper to get an extra thick cookie bar.
- Bake for 35 mins or until cooked all the way through and golden brown on top.
- ENJOY !